Should your SnapPad not install, try raising your foot 3 - 4", placing a 1/4” shim on the side of the pad that isn’t fully engaging and lowering the foot. The shim should help snap the pad into place.
If that doesn’t help take a close look at the foot of your jack. As landing feet designs change and RV's continue to get larger and heavier, some types of landing feet have a tendency to bend. The nature of the bend will depend on your RV type, size, and the terrain you set up on.
Since SnapPads are designed for the landing foot in its original state, you may find no matter how much weight you place on the SnapPad it will not engage.
Finally, you may not have the right SnapPad for your leveling system. Be sure you have ordered the correct size and shape for your rig. If you have any questions about fit and installation, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Options to rectify this:
- Install your SnapPads on softer terrain like grass or place a rubber mat underneath your pads. This will push the center down and force the SnapPad outside lip upward. Once your SnapPads engage, they should remain firmly attached.
- Make your own jig. Use a piece of plywood no thicker than 1/2". Trace the outside of the SnapPad then cut an inch border toward the center. Once completed place this under your SnapPad during installation. It will allow the middle to of the pad go down while pushing the outside lip of the SnapPad up to engage the metal landing foot. If your pads are only slightly bowed this should work.
- Replace your OEM landing feet. You can find the replacement 9" feet direct from the manufacturer here.
- If your landing feet are bent or dished you can replace your 9" OEM landing feet with optional 12" landing feet. You can order them direct from the manufacturers' website (here) or request free replacements if your RV is still under warranty. You can then exchange your SnapPad Xtra’s for XL’s (paying for the difference). This will increase your surface area and give your rig a much sturdier landing foot.
- If none of those options are of interest, you can always send your SnapPads back for a full refund.
As always, be sure to keep your fingers away from pinch points while installing your SnapPad! Origen RV Accessories LTD is not responsible or liable in any way for any indirect or direct injury sustained during installation or future use of the product.